General Assembly Free Talk
Trade Mark Law 101 @ General Assembly
Free class: 'why' and 'how' to seek trade mark protection
Your business’ identity and reputation are inextricably linked to your brand, which serves to distinguish you from competitors in the market. Yet creating a strong long-term brand requires much more than simply creative development.
This class will explore the instrumental impact your brand can have on the long-term success of your businesses. Topics covered include:
- an explanation of the intellectual property and commercial laws relevant to brand development
- key considerations impacting the security of brands
- the importance of brand strategy in the maintenance of brand reputation
- and leveraging a brand as a commercial asset
It will also include a general outline of 'why' and 'how' to seek trade mark protection.
This class will be of great benefit to those who are in the earlier stages of developing a brand or setting up a small business, including startups, but would also be of significant use to existing small business owners.
Students will learn:
- Key considerations when selecting a brand name to adopt
- Benefits of obtaining Trade Mark Clearance
- Benefits of seeking registration of your brand as a TM
- Securing your business investment by getting it right and “what not to do”
When: Tuesday, 31 January
Where: General Assembly Melbourne, 12A, 45 William Street Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Tickets: Tickets can be purchased here for FREE. Get in quick!