Across all markets and industries, your brand is irrefutably your most important asset. It should attract the attention of consumers and set you apart from your competitors.
Creating a strong, legally protectable brand is therefore a crucial starting point. By securing your brand as a trade mark, you’re safeguarding your investment in developing and promoting the brand.
You also secure the reputation you have developed by protecting yourself against impersonators.
We consider the big picture when developing your trade mark protection strategy. We understand that a brand is made up of more than just a word or logo. For this reason, we offer comprehensive advice on all essential elements of your brand and look at the way you are planning to leverage it, now and into the future.
Marquette IP’s trade mark services include:
- Advice on the selection and registrability of proposed trade marks, locally and internationally;
- Conducting trade mark clearance searches and developing international expansion strategies;
- Advice on freedom to operate issues and managing infringement risks;
- Devising strategies for difficult-to-register trade marks;
- Preparation and lodgment of Australian, New Zealand and international trade mark applications;
- Prosecution of trade mark applications from filing through to registration, including providing advice on objections raised by IP Offices;
- Representation in Australian and New Zealand trade mark oppositions and IP disputes;
- Portfolio management, including ongoing monitoring and surveillance; and
- Trade mark watching, including local and international watching for similar marks or competitor marks.
Contact us for more information on our trade mark services.