When conducting business in Australia, certain legal obligations and expectations automatically apply. To stay ahead in today’s competitive market, businesses should take proactive measures to ensure they are compliant with relevant consumer and anti-competition laws.
An understanding of the relevant rules will serve as a critical advantage in strategic decision making and assist in monitoring the activities of competitors.
Marquette IP’s consumer law and anti-competition services include:
- Advice on consumer protection laws, misleading and deceptive conduct and unfair contracts;
- Advertising and promotional reviews, including online competitions;
- Competition law, compliance programmes, reviews and training;
- Advice on fair trading and restrictive trade practices;
- Consumer warranties, consumer complaints handling and policies; and
- Commercial and consumer disputes, including ACCC disputes and investigations.
Contact us for more information on our consumer law and anti-competition services.